A NEW OPTION FOR GIVING
Did you know that you can use your bank’s Online Bill Pay feature to make a weekly, monthly, or yearly contribution to Immanuel Baptist Church? You can schedule your contribution and select the date (or dates) you would like the church to receive your contribution. Your bank’s procedures may differ slightly from this example, but here is one bank’s process:
1) Go to the tab labeled Payments on your online banking website.
2) Select Pay Bill (Note: The church does not view your contribution as a bill, but from the bank’s perspective, your donation is considered to be a bill.)
3) The bank will ask you to add a company or a person. Click on that tab, select Charities, and enter the following information:
Company name: Immanuel Baptist Church
Account #: Charitable Donation
Address: 222 Belle Meade Blvd., Nashville, TN 37205
Select Save Changes to return to the original screen.
4) The bank will ask which of your accounts you want to use to make your payment. A scroll down menu will reveal all of the accounts you have with the bank.
5) Enter the amount you would like to contribute and specify the date for delivery. This can be a one-time contribution or you may select Autopay to set up a recurring contribution.
6) Autopay will ask for the amount and the frequency of the payment (weekly, every 2 weeks, monthly, or annually).
7) The bank will ask for the length of time you would like this payment to occur.
8) Your bank will ask if you would like to receive an email each time a contribution is sent.
9) You will be asked if you are ready to start sending payments.
10) The bank will mail the check to the church several days prior to the date you select so that it always arrives on time.
TENNESSEE GENERAL ASSEMBLY
West Hills Baptist Church, Knoxville
Several members of our congregation will be participating in the CBF Tennessee General Assembly in Knoxville on April 26-27. Paul Baxley, the new Executive Coordinator of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, will be in attendance, as well as several CBF field personnel. To learn more or to register visit http://tncbf.org/cbf-general-assembly.
On Sunday mornings from 9:15-10:15 AM, Immanuel offers small group Bible studies for preschoolers through senior adults. Worship begins in the sanctuary at 10:30 AM. Childcare is provided for preschoolers during worship. Older children are encouraged to stop by the worship cart near the parlor prior to worship to choose a manipulative and pick up a coloring page to take into the sanctuary. A time for children is offered regularly during the worship service, led by either Pastor Steven or Pastor Tambi. Our adult choir leads us in worship each week, and the Handbell Choir, Brass Ensemble, and Girls Ensemble are involved seasonally. Children, youth, and adults read Scripture and offer prayers. We observe the Lord's Supper on the first Sunday of most months.
On Wednesday evenings, our church family gathers in Fellowship Hall for supper from 5:00-5:50 p.m., followed by a brief time of announcements and prayer. Kindergartners through 6th graders participate in Children's Music from 5:00-5:40 PM. Childcare is offered for preschoolers beginning at 5:45 p.m. Children on Mission, Youth Group, adult programming, and the Adult Choir rehearsal take place from 6:00-7:00 PM. The Handbell Choir and the Brass Ensemble rehearse from 7:00-7:30 PM.